*TOPIC: HOW TO KNOW THE WILL OF GOD FOR YOUR LIFE – PART 7*
*SUB-TOPIC: VARIOUS WAYS OR SIGNALS TO KNOWING THE WILL OF GOD IN LIFE*
*Bible Text: Jeremiah 1:4-5*
4 .Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
5. Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee, and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
There are various ways God can choose to speak his mind to his children. God speaks and relates with us base on our level of understanding of spiritual things. Some only receive divine guidance by dreams while some can hear audibly when God is talking. No method of hearing from God is inferior to one another. In today’s teaching, I will explain some ways to know or discover God’s will for your life. It could be maritally, financially, academically, or in your career. Most importantly, you need to develop a relationship with God so that you will be able to hear him whenever he is speaking to you.
1. THROUGH PERSONAL ENCOUNTER: Jer. 1:1-9. If you read these verses, you will discover that God spoke to Jeremiah directly from heaven. No prophet, pastor, or Bishop was sent to him and neither does he has any dream. God reveals his will to him in a personal encounter. This kind of encounter is possible if you have a personal relationship with God. God will not hide his plan from those who spend time with him. If you spend time in God’s presence, you will become God’s friend and have access to the divine secrets.
2. THROUGH YOUR PASSION AND SOLUTION YOU DARE TO PROVIDE: Nehemiah 1:3-10. Whatever is a burden in your heart to correct and make right maybe your purpose in life. What are you passionate about in life? What you are passionate about could be the problem you are born to solve. Nehemiah was passionate about rebuilding the fallen wall of Jerusalem when others neglected it. He lefts his job in the palace and dare his life to come and build Jerusalem. He was mocked by Sanballat and Tobiah yet pursued it till he succeeds. He later became the governor. His passion inspired him to fulfil God’s will for his life.
3. THROUGH HEAVENLY VISION: Paul had a heavenly vision on his way to Damascus. It was during this vision that Paul discovered what the Lord has saved him to do for his kingdom. In Acts, 26:19, Paul said: “I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision”. Peter had a heavenly vision about God’s plan for gentiles before Cornelius men came to invite him ( Acts 10:9-16). Joseph had a vision about Jesus and averted the death sentence that Herod passed on him (Matt. 2:13). The will of God can come to us as an open vision or spiritual vision. I will discuss details of the type of vision when we discuss how to hear from God. Personally, I had personally encountered through the spoken word about my teaching ministry in Enugu State around August 2012. I had an open vision telling another phase in 2014.
4. THROUGH INNER WITNESS OR INTUITION: Inner witness simply means being convinced in your heart of heart. You don’t have to see a vision or hear audibly before you know the will of God. There can be so much assurance in your heart that God is leading you to go in a particular direction (Acts 16:6). One thing you should know about God’s Will is that it doesn’t always make sense to everybody around you. You may be the only one that is seeing it and others mocking it. When you are convinced about a particular step, go for it after praying for direction. When you have peace, joy, and satisfaction in the pursuit of a particular mandate, it could be a pointer to show you are on the right path.
5. THROUGH THE LEADING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT: Rom. 8:14 says ” as many as are led by the spirit of God, they are the sons of God”. Holy Spirit leads us to where God wants us to be. The majority of Christians don’t know how to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit and that is why there are so many confused people out there. Learn to spend time in God’s presence reading, studying, and meditating in the world of God, then you will begin to hear from God.
For a clearer understanding, get a copy of my ebook “How to discover and fulfil God’s will for your life”. It cost 1k.
Thanks for following
Oluwaseun Isaac Agbenla