*TOPIC: HOW TO KNOW THE WILL OF GOD FOR YOUR LIFE -PART 8*
*SUB-TOPIC: WHAT IS PERFECT AND IMPERFECT WILL OF GOD?*
*BIBLE TEXT: Psalms 25:9*
The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.
Today, I would love to share with you what Perfect will, imperfect will & some biblical examples of the imperfect will of God that people entered in the Bible and way out of such mistakes. Firstly, we would consider the reasons why people enter God’s imperfect will.
What is the perfect will of God?
Being in the perfect will of God is doing what God desires you to do in life the way he wants you to do it.
What is the imperfect will of God?
Imperfect, however, is when you are doing something contrary to the desire of God yet God permits it for some reason or because of your refusal to go his way.
*Why do people enter imperfect will of God?*
1. *Not hearing God accurately or at all*:
Many people are doing the wrong things today because they hear a voice that they claim is from God. If you are a child of God, test every voice you hear through prayer and the word. I have had a lady tell me she heard from heaven that I will marry her prior to my marriage. She is genuinely born again but she was wrong. God already spoke to me about marital life long ago before I met her in one the parishes I pastored. I have seen more than one case like that.
There are many voices in the world we must understand. Devil can manipulate your thought and speak to you. When Peter rebuked Jesus that he will not die, Jesus replied by rebuking the devil that spoke to Peter what he uttered. Peter was with Jesus yet devil spoke to him and he thought God was talking. This is how manipulative the devil is.
In 1 Cor. 14:10, the Bible says:
“There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification.”
Beloved, when it comes to making life choices beware of voice. If the devil knows you are desperate about a brother or sister, he will speak into your ears. He will manipulate your dreams. He will plan coincidences that will make you think this is the sister. You see, you may be asking how then should I treat voice?
1. The more time you spent in the presence of God determines the clarity of the voice of God. When you take your time to build a relationship with God, hearing from God becomes easy. Even if the devil tries to speak to you, the Holy Spirit will let you know that is not from God.
2. Don’t act immediately on voice when the case is not urgent. For example, if you hear a voice or see a dream about a brother or sister in the church. Don’t just rush out and claim God has spoken. Dreams have 3 sources. I will explain this when I start teaching on how to hear from God. A dream can come from God, the devil and our environment. If you continue to play around or think about a brother or sister, you will dream about them very soon. In fact, you may see them giving you ring yet it is just a dream that resulted because of activities done during the day.
3. When you have a dream or hear a voice, take your time to pray about it and spend time in the word of God to be sure. I have heard many dreams about sisters when I was fellowship even as a president. We play together on daily basis and that resulted in me having dreams about us. I never spoke to anyone about it but waited on God always to be sure and that saved me from mess timeless times. In the end, none of those dreams with a sister here and there were from God. It was just my own imagination. A few years after, God himself spoke to me and instructed me on marriage. If I am just a baby Christian, I would rush unnecessarily and later regret taking such a step. Listen, If the man or woman belongs to you, they will not abandon you with God on your side. Don’t rush to make the decision that can ruin your life.
4. The voice you hear must be in line with the word of God: Sometimes, you listened to people at times sharing the revelation they claim to receive from the Lord, you will discover it is all against God’s word. *When a revelation or message you claim you received from God is not in line with God’s word, FORGET IT.* We need to understand that God is an intelligent God and not the God of confusion. He does not do anything against His own word.
In Ps 119:89,
*Forever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven.*
A day will not come when the human bible revelation will supersede God’s word. The word is above every form of angelic revelation.
In Ps 138:2, the bible says;
*I will work towards this the holy temple, and praise thy name for thy loving-kindness and for thy truth: FOR THOU HAST MAGNIFIED THY WORD ABOVE THY NAME*.
From the verse above, we see that God’s name is said to be working base on God’s word. This is why *prayer in the name of God is effective only when it is in line with God’s word*.
4. When you hear a voice of prophet don’t interpret it as a vice of God until you have prayed about it: For example, a sister once told me that a prophet prophesied that she would marry someone who is already married. This man is enjoying his home and this lady is in the same Church assembly with that family. You do not need prayer and fasting to know that it is not from God. God is not a destroyer of the home but a builder.
5. Vision or dreams that don’t align with God’s word is manipulated by the devil. God uses dreams to communicate base on our level of
sensitivity to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
Brother and Sisters should not jump into proposing after a dream. Don’t rush to a conclusion, see to it that you listen to your inner man and the Holy Spirit much more than a dream or voice. Be so sure before you make life choices because of a day dream or voice you hear. Life is more precious than to take life decisions base on a daydream. Wait to see if you hato peace inside of you. Peace is a sign to go ahead. When there is no peace, it means to check to revisit your step.
For further deeper insight into this revelation, order for my ebook “How to know and fulfil God’s will for your life”. It is just #1,000.
Thanks for following
Oluwaseun Isaac Agbenla