RCCG 68TH ANNUAL CONVENTION 2020 (VIRTUAL)*
MINISTERING: *PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE*
DAY 1 EVENING SESSION TOPIC (MAIN): *THE CHURCH IN YOUR HOUSE*
DATE: 3RD AUGUST, 2020
BIBLE TEXT: *ROMANS 16:3-5; COLOSSIANS 4:15*
Let us Pray!
We Bless Your Name Oh Lord
And we confess You
That You are the Lord (Amen)
Father Almighty, we Bless Your Holy Name. We Thank You for ALL You have done for us since the last time we had our Convention.
Thank You Lord God Almighty for Your Love, Thank You for Your Mercy, Thank You for Your Support, Thank You for the Salvation of our Souls.
Thank You for Your Church. Thank You that Your Church is Matching on and the Gates of Hell have not been able to Prevail against Your Church.
Thank You for Health, Thank You for Your Strength, Thank You for Your Preservation, Thank You for Your Goodness, Thank You for Your Mercy, Thank You for a Glorious tomorrow.
… Father, accept our THANKS in Jesus’ Name!
Father, even at the beginning of the Convention 2020 – with the *THEME: WONDERFUL;* we commit into Your Hands Your Workers and House Fellowship Leaders in Particular. Father, we Pray that like never before, during this Convention: You will Visit Your children, You will Anoint them. And You will meet ALL the desires of their hearts.
We Pray Lord God Almighty, that this will be the Greatest Convention we have ever had thus far, in Jesus’ Name.
Thank You my Father and my God! In Jesus’ Mighty Name we have Prayed – AMEN!
Well, let somebody shout Hallelujah – HALLELUJAH!
I want to welcome ALL Workers in your various homes and all the House Fellowship Leaders.
I rejoice with you that inspite of every Plans of the enemy, we are yet able to reach out to you, and have a very, very WONDERFUL CONVENTION.
Can you imagine the Almighty God chose the *THEME: WONDERFUL* for this Convention, even at a time when we have no idea how it is going to be.
*And now we have a Convention that is truly a WORLD CONVENTION.*
Because ALL our Brothers and Sisters across the world are Part and Parcel of what is going on now.
*So you are all welcome to CONVENTION 2020!*
*Now, I’m talking to you, especially Workers and House Fellowship Leaders.*
And of course, anyone who wants to join us, among the Congregation – they are welcomed because afterall, one day or the other, they will become Workers.
As a matter of fact, I’m believing God that after this Year’s Convention; many, many of you (if not all of you) would become House Fellowship Leaders – Amen.
*WHY?* – *Because this crisis has done something clearly to everybody that the House Fellowship is very, very crucial to us in the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG).*
When we started having House Fellowships, some People didn’t take the matter serious; but now you can see what has happened.
*When the Churches are locked down, nobody can lockdown the House Fellowship – If we cannot go to Church, now we can meet in our homes.*
*So you can see that God is always a STEP ahead of the enemy.*
*And so we must do something now much more than ever before about House Fellowship.*
*As a matter of fact, very soon, we would Probably just change the name to “THE CHURCH IN YOUR HOUSE.”*
*Because one (1) day, when the history of Christianity is written they will be referring to: “THE CHURCH IN YOUR HOUSE”.*
*So I’m believing God for everyone of you listening to me or reading now on the Label of DMC: That after this Convention, you would open up your house for a “CHURCH IN YOUR HOUSE”.*
Because today now, we read in the Bible: *The Church in the House of AQUILA and PRISCILLA.*
3 Greet Priscilla and Aquila my Helpers in Christ Jesus:
4 Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the Churches of the Gentiles.
5 Likewise greet the Church that is in their house. Salute my well-beloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia unto Christ.
We read of: *The Church in the House of NYMPHAS.*
*You would never have heard his name, but for the Church in his house.*
Colossians 4:15 says: *Salute the Brethren which are in Laodicea, and Nymphas, and the Church which is in his house.*
In Philemon (the only Chapter) from 1-2 (Philemon 1: 1-2); Paul said: *”Paul, a Prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy our brother, unto Philemon our dearly beloved, and fellowlabourer, And to our beloved Apphia, and Archippus our fellowsoldier, and to the Church in thy house:”*
*I am Praying that whenever God is writing the History of the Church in the New Generation; He will talk about THE CHURCH IN YOUR HOUSE – AMEN.*
The lockdown for example) has brought about *A CHURCH IN MY HOUSE* – My children and I, we gather together, we would Worship on Sunday, watch the Transmission from Dove Media.
*… And when we finished, we gathered together and EAT.*
And we were discussing what name to call the Church; and one of them said we should call it *”ARISE AND SHINE”* – Laughter!
I said, That’s Good!
But considering the way you EAT after the Service, maybe we should call it *”ARISE AND EAT!”* – Laughter!
And as usual, when they were asking me to give them a Bible Passage to support that name, I said well, 1 Kings 19:4-8.
When Elijah was tired and he was sleeping and he was asking God to come and kill him. An Angel came and woke him up and said: “ARISE AND EAT” – Laughter!
But then I added to it; wait a minute! – After Elijah ate twice, he Fasted for Forty (40) days.
I said maybe we should call it *”ARISE AND FAST’*
*… There should be a “CHURCH IN YOUR HOUSE!”*
Our Goal should be: *In every Street, there should be somebody who will open his or her house and we have CHURCH there.*
Many of our Churches Abroad started from what you are calling *HOUSE FELLOWSHIP.*
When we started the Church in London, there were only five (5) of us – Five (5) Members! And everyone of us had BIG Titles;
I was the General Overseer, there was a Pastor In Charge, there was somebody who became suddenly, Sunday School Superintendent, there was somebody who became a Choir Mistress.
… Everybody had a Title!
When we were going to start the Church in America, after I have talked to ALL those who left Nigeria for America: *Start a Branch of the Church.”*
They kept on saying: *Oh, we are already attending a Pentecostal Church here* – I said okay!
One day, I visited my Cousin – Pastor James Fadel (he wasn’t a Pastor then). I said to him Sir, you are my Cousin: *We are starting a Church in your house today!*
… If you don’t move quickly, I will deal with you.
I know that this is a Land of Law: when I have finished dealing with you, you will report me to the Police. The Police will deal with me. But then, I will be waiting for you in Nigeria.
To cut a long Story short, that is how we started! – *We started a CHURCH in one (1) of his Rooms.*
And today (by the Grace of God) *we have close to a thousand (1,000) Churches in AMERICA.*
*You never can tell what God will make up of what will start in your house soon.*
*Don’t despise the day of small beginnings. Make up your mind now: That you will open a “CHURCH IN YOUR HOUSE”!*
*Now, WHY SHOULD I?*
I’m just going to encourage you for about ten (10) minutes and then PRAY.
*WHEN JESUS IS PASSING BY*
We learned from the Scriptures that when Jesus is Passing by;
*If Jesus is just PASSING BY, He DISTRIBUTES MIRACLES*
1. In Mark 5:25-34, He was Passing By: *The woman with the Issue of Blood came from behind and got her Miracle.*
2. In Mark 19:46-52, Jesus was Passing By: *Bartimaeus got his Miracle.*
3. In John 9:1-7, Jesus was Passing By: Saw another blind man. Before you know what is happening: *He had given him Brand New EYES.*
*So, when Jesus is PASSING BY; He DISTRIBUTES MIRACLES.*
*WHAT HAPPENS WHEN HE IS VISITING?*
Just one (1) example is enough!
Genesis 18:1-14: *He visited Abraham and ALL the Promises of several years became fulfilled in one (1) day!*
*… Because Prophecies became a DECREE.*
He had been saying: ‘Oh, this is what will happen to you.’ But on that day He VISITED; *He said, now the Baby will COME!*
*So when He is VISITING, the irreversible becomes REVERSED.*
*Can you then imagine what will happen when He ia not just PASSING BY; He is not just VISITING: BUT, HE HAS COME TO DWELL!*
*If He comes to DWELL in your House; if He comes to RESIDE in your House; if your House becomes a “HOUSE CHURCH”: SEVERAL THINGS WILL HAPPEN:*
1. Take the example in 1 Kings 17:8-24 – When Elijah dwelt in the House of the Widow of Zarephath – *NO LACK WAS ALLOWED IN THAT HOUSE.*
Everyday, the woman who had the “Last Meal” suddenly discovered that everyday, there was food.
By the time they were going to bed in the night; maybe the food had gone down a little; by the following morning, the Pot is full again.
*If your House becomes a “House Church”: God will make sure that there won’t be LACK in that house EVER AGAIN – Amen!*
2. When Elijah was dwelling with the Widow of Zarephath, there was Great Famine in the land – People were dying;
*But in the House of the Widow of Zarephath, they didn’t even know what was going on outside.*
*When your house becomes a DWELLING PLACE for God: It doesn’t matter what is going on outside, it won’t come near your House – Amen.*
*Psalms 91:1-10 makes it clear: A thousand might fall on the left and ten thousands on the right, BUT it won’t come near you.*
*… You will just be observing what is going on.*
I mean, look at this Plague (for example – Coronavirus); I want to give the Almighty God Glory for His Faithfulness to the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG).
I’m not saying we are better than other Churches; I’m not boasting – I’m just saying:
*I’m Grateful to Him for the way He has kept us all over the world – ALL over the World!*
*So it is Possible for danger to be outside and NOT come NEAR your Home.*
3. When the Man of God was dwelling with the Widow of Zarephath – *Even DEATH came in, but it was CHASED OUT!*
Death came in to take away the only son of the Widow; but Hey because a Representative of the “Resurrection and the Life” was dwelling in the house; DEATH was compelled to VOMIT what it had swallowed.
*I want to Prophesy to those of you who would open up your Homes and turn them to “HOUSE CHURCHES” – In the Name that is above every other names, there will be NO LACK FOR YOU – AMEN!*
*Whatever evil may be going on outside will not come near your house – Amen!*
*And if there is anything death has already swallowed; death will VOMIT – Amen!*
And then of course, you know the very popular Passage that we have discussed again and again.
That is in 2 Samuel 6:1-12 – *Where the House of OBEDEDOM became a “HOUSE CHURCH” by force.*
*The Man wasn’t even expecting it, but the Almighty God moved on his behalf, and they took the Ark of Covenant and PLACED it in his House.*
1. And know what happened immediately? – *God began to BLESS him.*
The Bible says: *Within three (3) Months, this man had Overrunning Blessings.*
And you know my God says in Psalms 23:5: *”Thou Preparest a table before me in the Presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.”*
2. Not only was he BLESSED immediately – that’s No. 1.
*The Blessings became SO BIG that it could not be hidden.*
The whole Nation heard about it, and you know – Just like the Promise God made in Malachi 3;10-12, when He says:
*If you bring all the Tithes into His House, He would open Windows of Heaven and Pour you a BLESSING; that there won’t be enough room to receive.*
In verse 12, He said: *ALL NATION shall call you BLESSED.*
*A Blessing that is SO MUCH, that a Nation would be talking about it.*
*That is the kind of Blessings that will come to the house that has been OPENED up to God to have a “HOUSE CHURCH”.*
3/ Not only was it that Obededom was immediately BLESSED; the Blessing was UNHIDDEN.
*This man became a NATIONAL ENVY.*
God was Blessing him, People noticed that this man was been Blessed tremendously; they refused to keep quiet; they went and told David.
‘Eh, that man you took the “Ark of the Covenant” to his house; you better go and see what is happening there oooo!’
You know in Genesis 26:12-14, the Bible said: *When God BLESSED Isaac, the Philistines ENVIED him.*
I have said it before: *”It doesn’t matter what is happening in your life, People will TALK ABOUT YOU.”*
If you are a Failure, they will talk about you – They will say ‘Ha, where is your God?’
You are Poor, they will talk about your God and they will ask you – Have you entered into a Covenant of Poverty?
And then when God Prospers you Mightily, they will talk.
… They are going to talk anyway;
*Why don’t we say: Okay God, let them talk about me for being very Successful; for having Overflowing Blessings.*
*… Let them talk about me for GOOD!*
*And that can ONLY happens if you open your House to God for a “HOUSE CHURCH”.*
*And know what?*
In Revelation 3:20 the Almighty God says: *He is already at your door knocking!*
*He has been waiting for you to hear this Message: To take a decision straightaway and say: Okay, I didn’t know that is it. I will open my House that it may become a DWELLING PLACE for the Most High God.*
*So that by Next Year’s Convention, my Testimony will be: God has BLESSED ME so Mightily; at least everybody around my Streets they are already beginning to ENVY ME.*
I will tell you just one (1) more Testimony, and then you will Pray.
I don’t want to talk about the one in Nigeria; so as not to embarrass some People.
But in one Nation of the world, there was a Mighty flood that covered all the Streets; I mean, water reached beyond window levels.
And there was a Particular Street, every houses was flooded!
But there was this House in the middle of the Street – The river was flowing left and right. It reached (let’s call this House Number 12). It flooded House Numbers 1 to 11; and JUMPED to House Numbers 13 down to 20.
… True Story!
As a matter of fact, I’m sure the fellow concerned is listening to me or Reading this Message now on the Label of DMC.
And he is likely to Phone some of you his fiends: Ah, Daddy was talking about me.
The flood left the House (No. 12)!
*And so the People were wondering – What is Peculiar about this House?*
*And they saw a sign: HOUSE FELLOWSHIP OF THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD (RCCG) MEETS HERE!*
*Bow your head in Prayer – Half a word is enough for the wise.*
… I’m going to Pray for you, and then you are going to cry unto God.
My Father and my God, I’m going to commit Your children into Your hands once again.
Please Lord, as many of them that are already House Fellowship Leaders, *PROMOTE THEM!*
As many of them as are yet to open their doors to You to come in and turn their Houses to CHURCHES; *Lord God Almighty, as they open the doors, let Your BLESSINGS begin to flow in!*
Keep DEATH away from their Homes; keep SICKNESS away from their Homes; keep every forms of evil FAR AWAY from them!
Oh Lord God Almighty, let them become the envy of EVERYBODY around them!
Very soon, let me begin to hear some Mighty Testimonies concerning these Your children.
Even as I Pray in Jesus’ Mighty Name – AMEN!
*I want you to spend “Quality Time” talking to the Almighty God and say: FATHER, You are welcome into my Home. Ha, everything I have is Yours; without you I am Nothing!*
*Come into my Home; Come and DWELL HERE! Come and make this Place YOUR ABODE.*
*Let Your CHURCH be established in MY HOME!*
Please do it for me Lord.
You are Welcome! – I will open my doors now as soon as I opened it, COME and DWELL in it.
Thank You Father!
In Jesus’ Mighty Name we have Prayed – Amen!
I’m not stopping you; I’m just excusing myself because I have to move on.
But you can then continue your Prayers. Consider everything you have heard:
*If Jesus is PASSING BY, Miracles I have! If He is VISITING, the Irreversible becomes REVERSED! If He stays Ha, you know all the things that we have said.*
*Consider these: if you have to contact your Pastor very, very quickly, do so!*
*Say Sir, my House is ready; let us start a “HOUSE CHURCH” HERE.*
2020 Annual Convention, Day 2, Tuesday, August 4
Ministering: Pastor E.A Adeboye
Only Jesus can save
Only Jesus can save Halleluyah
Only Jesus can save Halleluyah
There is no other way Halleluyah
Only Jesus can save Halleluyah
Topic: Wonders of Salvation
Text: 2 Corinthians 5:17
If any man be in Christ is a new creature, old things are passed away, behold All things have become new.
In the past when we talk about salvation, we have always been limited by time. So I have always said, , When you are born again, you get a new name, you get a new accommodation and you are under a new management, but now, we are not in a hurry.
Today we will do a thorough Bible study on Wonders of Salvation because there is a lot in Salvation much more than rescuing you from hell and making you a candidate for heaven but is not possible to finish it all
The position of the one who is unsaved is critically bad.
For example, psalm 7:11, God is angry with the sinners and the wicked every day. Imagine living in the constant anger of God? That’s a terrible situation to be in.
Ephesians 2:12, the Bible describes those who are without Christ aliens from the common wealth of Israel, strangers from the covenant of promise, without hope, without God. That’s terrible, Am sure you don’t wanted to be in that situation for a day longer.
Ephesians 2:13, if you are in Christ, you are brought near to the Almighty God.
When you are born again,
1. You get a new name, John 1:11-12. You can now call yourself a son of God, a child of God. Your friend will recognise a new name in you.
A change of name can seriously affect your future. A new name can make a serious transformation in you. Genesis 32, Genesis 33
2. You get a new accommodation, Colossians 1:12-13, Mathew 5:14-16. You will begin to live in light and begin to shine.
3. You are under a new management, Mathew 11:28-30. It is a dangerous thing to be under the management of Satan. Satan will abandon you at a critical moment, Satan will use and abandon you, 1 Samuel 17:38-51. If you serve the devil, he will pay you with disappointment and evil. He will supply you with plenty of sorrow and evil but when you are saved, you are under the management of God.
4. When you are truly born again, you are a new creature. It means you get a brown new nature, Mathew 15:21-28. There are true categories of people according to the Bible,
There are children and
There are dogs. Until you are born again, you are still an animal. Galatians 5:19-24
Hatred and envy are the nature of an animal.
5. You suddenly find yourself in a new family, the family of God. John 1:11-12. You are adopted by God. Romans 8:16-17, you are joint-heirs with Christ
6. When you are truly born again, you have new hope. Before you get born again, you have hope of rainy day. You arm yourself with all kinds of things, Job 3:25. When you are truly born again, you have a different kind of hope, Colossians 1:27
7. Suddenly you have new influence because the moment you come to the family of God, you are connected to the one who is the most high. Isaiah 66:1. When you have God as your father, you are confident of who you are. Ephesians 2:1-7, 1:18-23. All forces of darkness are under your feet, the moment you became a child of God.
8. When you are truly born again, you have new abilities, Philippians 4:13, you will never fail again. Luke 5:1-11, John 21:1-19. New abilities.
9. When you are truly born again, you get the ability to hear the inaudible, John 10:27. Suddenly God begins to talk to you quietly, Revelation 2;7. It is not everybody that can hear God but if are His child, you will be hearing him His voice quietly as He is guiding you, directing you, warning you quietly.
10. When you are truly born again, you get new Joy, psalm 51:11-12., Joy you can’t explain, that will just be bubbling around you, Philippians 4:4. The joy is not in a new car, not in a new house but the Joy is the Joy of the Lord.
11. When you are truly born again, you suddenly develop new strength, Nehemiah 8:10. You suddenly discover that your strength is renewed day by day, Isaiah 40:31
12. You begin to wear a different kind of dress. The Almighty God will begin to give you the garment of praise
13. You become more beautiful when you are truly born again. Nobody is ugly if that person is always smiling. The moment they smile, they begin to radiate beauty, Joy sets in. Psalm 149:4. Salvation is a beauty.
14. Suddenly you begin to have a new vision, new ambition, new plans, you begin to look at spiritual things as more important than material things, Colossians 3;1-4. You begin to always think about things spiritually much more than things materials. You begin to think of heavenly things, things that are permanent.
15. Suddenly you become qualified for divine healing. 1 Peter 2:24, Salvation belongs to true children of God, people whose sins have been washed away, Mark 2:1-12, sin must be out of the way before you are qualified for healing. John 5:2-14, Exodus 15:26. When you fall sick then something must be wrong. Check yourself. When truly born again and doctors says otherwise, you still qualify for healing. Mark 5:25-34, You enjoy divine health when you are truly born again.
16. If you are truly born again, you will enjoy His peace, John 14:27. Jesus gives peace not like the world gives peace. The peace that God gives is the peace that people don’t understand, Philippians 4:7.
17. You begin to enjoy His friendship. It is a dangerous thing to be lonely. It is very terrible. A man could be married and be lonely. Two strangers could be living in a house and not speaking to each other, a man can be highly placed and be lonely. You can be president and be lonely but Jesus Christ promises you friendship and is the kind of friendship that can never fail you. John 15:14-15, Hebrews 13:5
To be saved, there are certain things to do;
1. You must realize that you are in serious trouble if you are not saved. Isaiah 3:11, 3:10.
2. You need to realize that you can’t change yourself without help. It is not possible for you to change your harmful habit, Jeremiah 13:23. You can’t do it on your own, you need help, you need to know only Jesus can save, Acts 4:10-12, no other name.
3. He is willing to save your soul, Mathew 11:28
4. Call on Him for Him to save your soul, Acts 2:21. If you call on Him and save my soul, He will do so.
5. Do it now, call on Him now, 2 Corinthians 6:2
Surrender to Jesus Christ today, tomorrow might be too late.
For those of you that are already born again, claim all the benefits of salvation, don’t cut yourself short. Claim all the benefits of Salvation for yourself.
Very to Him that I can’t be a child of God and be suffering, cry to Him and claim all these benefits for yourself.
Topic: The wonders of creation
Text: Psalm 139:14
The Wonders of God’s Creation is that they are for His Pleasure.
Everything God creates is good.
Whenever God finishes creating something, He will look at it and say this is good. When it came to the creation of man, He looked at His last creation. He said this is very good. In the opinion of God, you are wonderful.
How does every part of your body give pleasure to God?
1) God made your hands to clap.
By clapping your hands, you make Music for Him. Psalm 47:1 . This means, if your hands are withered, God will heal you.
2) God made your legs to dance. He expects you to praise Him with your dancing. Psalm 150:4.
If God sees that your legs are crippled, He will heal you.
3) God made you to increase, multiply and to reproduce your own kind. Genesis 1:28. When He sees your womb dying without fulfilling the purpose He ordained, he will correct the situation.
4) God made your mouth to sing. You were created to sing the praises of God.
When God sees that you are dumb, He will open your mouth so you can sing His praises
5) God made your ears to hear. Faith comes by hearing and without faith, you cannot please God. Hebrews 11:6.
So if you are deaf, God will open up your ears.
6) God made your eyes to see. He wants you to see His Wonders Psalm 94:9.
If God sees that you are blind, He will open your eyes.
There can be only one problem.
If you know you are doing things contrary to God’s will, why don’t you stop it.
God created you for His pleasure. That is the greatest wonder of creation. If there is any part of your body that is not pleasing Him, He will make it right.
RCCG VIRTUAL CONVENTION 2020