TOPIC: PATHWAY TO FAVOUR AND HONOUR
BIBLE TEXT: PROVERBS 29:26
*Many seek the ruler’s favor; but every man’s judgment cometh from the LORD* KJV
Everyone tries to get help from the leader, but only God will give us justice. -Proverbs 29:26 MSG
It is not a new thing to see people seeking to be helped by people in authority. Although, naturally everyone desires to be a friend to the king for a favour but spiritual sensitive people know when you get God’s attention, men will seek to follow and honour you. There are people who don’t assume they can climb high in life without lobbying their way through. One of the reasons people indulge in eye-service around politicians and leaders of organizations is the desire to be favored above others even when they don’t have the competence.
Beloved, favour is good but It is only a blessing to you when it comes from the Lord. Any favour you get from the ruler without God’s backing will end up in labor. It is the blessing of the Lord that makes a man rich without adding any sorrow. It is not bad to pray to be favored by God. Every good and perfect gift comes from above and from the father of light.
Beloved, if you seek God’s favour and God favourred you, even the ruler will seek for you to help. You see, sometimes our attention is focused on wrong people and that’s why we miss our miracle. Instead of seeking God, we are busy seeking approval from mortal men. A man that is approved of God will command approval anywhere he finds himself. Let God approve you first before you seeking validation from men.
How do I get God’s approval?
1. Be Born again – John 3:6. If you are not born again, your life has not been activated. You are still in the dead people’s world without salvation.
2. Seek God in prayer, study, and service- You can’t be valuable in God’s kingdom without first adding value to God’s kingdom. Pray till you get a result. Study till you understand God’s plan. Serve till you earn God’s trust.
3. Follow God’s will: Many people are in church praying yet struggling hard to survive in life because they don’t know where they belong. The favour is waiting for you where God has assigned you to be. Seek God’s face to know where you belong and stay there.
4. Honour God with your life: Live your daily life to bring honor to God. When you do this, God will honor you with a seat with kings in different endeavors. I remember during my father’s burial a few years ago, I never invited a brother and friend who happens to be a member of the House of Assembly of my state. I didn’t bother to invite his likes. Suddenly, he showed up and the event ground suddenly become more crowded and honourable to be truthful. A few days later, I was just thinking the whole beauty that their presence added and wonder why they would desire to honor me without an invite. The Lord spoke gently to my hears “you cannot honor me with your life and beg for honor in life”. It is true brethren when you honor God with your life, God will honor you everywhere you find yourself.
5. Be diligent in your assignment. Pray for the spirit of excellence.
Oluwaseun Isaac Agbenla