*TOPIC: UNDERSTANDING THE “SPIRIT OF SLUMBER” AND THE SPIRITUAL IMPLICATIONS*
Give not sleep to thine eyes, nor slumber to thine eyelids.
Deliver thyself as a roe from the hand of the hunter, and as a bird from the hand of the fowler.
Spirit of slumber is one of the most effective spirits in the kingdom of darkness. Before the devil strikes a Christian, he would first fire an arrow of slumber into their spiritual life. You are not defeated because the devil is powerful, you are defeated because your strength is weak. The truth is, your strength cannot be weak until the spirit of spiritual slumber has destroyed your spiritual life.
In Proverbs 24:10, the Bible says:
*If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small.*
Notice here that nobody fails because the devil is so powerful but because our strength is weak. When you develop and fortify your spiritual strength, songs of victory will continuously be yours.
Many people today are awake naturally but sleeping spiritually. Their eyes are wide opened but they are not seeing the arrows of the enemies flying by the day. Too much of natural activities without spiritual sensitivity is a sign that you are sleeping.
In our Bible text, the Bible encourages us to deliver ourselves as a roe from the hand of the hunter, and as a bird from the hand of the fowler. We cannot deliver ourselves until we come out of spiritual slumber. Hunter in the text symbolizes the devil but no hunter would allow his captive to go free and easy. Devil will not allow you go without your dedication to spiritual warfare. If you want to come out of spiritual bondage, then, be ready to wake up from your spiritual slumber.
SIGNS THAT YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM THE SPIRIT OF SLUMBER
1. When you find it difficult to fast at least once a week, you are in spiritual bondage.
2. When Prayer becomes a burden and early morning devotion is becoming an aberration.
3. When wrong things are happening in your home, family, business and you are too dull to hear or see it coming.
4. When God is not speaking to you again or you are not hearing the voice of the Holy Spirit clearly again.
5. When your love for the Word of God has declined that reading the bible has become a weekly activity.
6. When you observe that you have stopped thanking God for a little blessings, or, you observe that you no longer worship and praise God like you do when you initially become born again.
7. When praying at midnight now becomes a challenge when you are woken up by the Holy Spirit.
8. When lust for women, men, sex and unholy thought now dwells in your mind.
9. When your service in the house of God has declined. You no longer have a zeal for those things you usually do with ease before.
10. When the love of money is now more important than the love for souls to be won to the kingdom of God.
11. When you have not the joy of salvation
12. Where is your first love?
Thanks for reading
Happy New Week
Oluwaseun Isaac Agbenla