FORNICATION: THE PATHWAY TO DISHONOUR
Text: Proverbs 6:25-29-GNB
25. *Don’t be tempted by their beauty; don’t be trapped by their flirting eyes.
26. A man can hire a prostitute for the price of a loaf of bread, but adultery will cost him all he has.
27. Can you carry fire against your chest without burning your clothes?
28. Can you walk on hot coals without burning your feet?
29. It is just as dangerous to sleep with another man’s wife. Whoever does it will suffer.
There is no honour in anything that dishonours God. Only foolish people takes pleasures in sexual sin because they are blinded by the devil. Sexual sin is a shortcut to humiliation and shame. A man/woman can easily be reduced to nothing through unholy sexual intimacy. There is pleasure in sex but many treasures are lost in the process when it is not God ordained as in marriage. The bible calls whoever indulges in sexual sin a whore.
Many born again Christians today are once a fornicator, no doubt but you will never see any of them glorying in the act because the pains, guilt and trauma behind wrong past is bad. There are many good things we wish to do better but those wrong past denied us of such privilege. Some of us even lost precious things that would have added beauty to where we are today but time cannot be reversed. There is no glory in Sin.
Fornication will dishonour you one day just as adultery is also a way to shame and reproach. As a born again Christian, dwelling in sexual immorality will ruin God’s plan for your life and make you unfit for greater exploit and disqualified you as Christ Ambassador. There is a news trending in Nigeria today about a Local Pastor and an Associate Professor caught on tape indulging an acclaimed 17yrs Old girl in sexual molestation.
Beloved, God will forgive him but the shame and reproach that follows will be a scar till he dies. Government may forgive after jail, institution may overlook, his children may take side but the foundation is already destroyed. You may assume you have immunity and can never be caught but old habits don’t die except there is genuine repentance. If you fail to stop now, shame and dishonour are inevitable.
In Prov.5:8-14, the Holy Scripture commands that we stay away from anyone that will lure us into sexual impurity.
8. Keep away from such a woman! Don’t even go near her door!
9. If you do, others will gain the respect that you once had, and YOU WILL DIE YOUNG AT THE HANDS OF MERCILESS PEOPLE.
10. Yes, STRANGERS WILL TAKE ALL YOUR WEALTH, and WHAT YOU HAVE WORKED FOR WILL BELONG TO SOMEONE ELSE.
11. YOU WILL LIE GROANING ON YOUR DEATHBED, YOUR FLESH AND MUSCLES BEING EATEN AWAY,
12. and you will say, “Why would I never learn? Why would I never let anyone correct me?
13./I wouldn’t listen to my teachers. I paid no attention to them.
14. AND SUDDENLY I FOUND MYSELF PUBLICLY DISGRACED.”-Proverbs 5:8-14 GNB
Then, in Prov. 5:9, the Bible says if you refuse
to stay away from him/her, get ready to be dishonoured in life and live your life cruelty. In verse 10, the Bible says, if you continue in it, you are labouring for others to eat and such will spent his years in sufferings.
Beloved, our body is the temple of God. When we honour God in our bodies, he honours our life in return.
Stay away from sexual immortality
By: Oluwaseun Isaac Agbenla
This picture doesn’t represent the content of this piece. It is used for attraction.