OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
DATE: THURSDAY 4TH JULY 2019
THEME: IT DOESN’T MATTER.
“Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.” Romans 13:1
38. And Pharaoh said unto his servants, Can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom The Spirit of God is?
39. And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art:
40. Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.
41. And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt.
42. And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph’s hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck;
43 And he made him to ride in the second chariot which he had; and they cried before him, Bow the knee: and he made him ruler over all the land of Egypt.
44. And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, I am Pharaoh, and without thee shall no man lift up his hand or foot in all the land of Egypt.
A. The LORD maketh poor, and maketh rich: Healing bringeth low, and lifteth up. He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are The LORD’s, and He hath set the world upon them.
1 Samuel 2:7-8
1. From This Scripture, we see that no one attains the position of leadership without God having a hand in it.
2. It then follows that irrespective of your background, when God decides to promote or enthrone you, nothing can stop your Divine Elevation. In this regard, Esther’s case readily comes to mind.
3. A slave girl like her could only become a first lady through DIVINE ELEVATION.
4. We also see this demonstrated in Joseph’s life: an imprisoned slave boy rose to become the second in command to a world emperor.
5. To appreciate what God did in Joseph’s life, we must consider the factors that stood against him.
6. Not only was he a foreigner, he was a slave and a prisoner who had a case of attempted rape hanging round his neck.
7. Only God could have brought about the fulfilment of his long-time dreams in a strange land.
8. I prophesy to you today: regardless of your family, educational or socio-economic background, you will reach your goal In The Name of Jesus. 🙏
B. We can learn some lessons from the story of Joseph’s elevation.
1. First, The Lord caused Pharaoh to recognize The Gift of The Holy Spirit in Joseph.
2. Considering the fact that Egypt was a headquarters of astrologers and magicians.
3. Pharaoh could have doubted the accuracy or authenticity of the interpretation and counsel that Joseph gave, if not for God’s Hand.
4. Secondly, if age was a factor, Joseph would not have been entrusted with such great responsibilities.
5. In fact, for Pharaoh to have handed over his people and entire realm to a total stranger, it means Joseph found Uncommon Love And Favour in his sight.
6. On that remarkable day, he woke up as a slave boy and went to bed as The Prime Minister of Egypt.
7. All this was made possible because of THE LORD-FACTOR.
8. Beloved, The Lord is telling you to stop considering your background as a hindrance to your forward and upward movement in life.
9. He will grant you A Pleasant Surprise this season.
10. And those looking down on you will begin to look up to you, as it happened for Joseph In The Name of Jesus. 🙏
Father, I believe Your Word today; I declare that my background will not work against my greatness in life In The Name of Jesus. 🙏
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Deuteronomy 13-15
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN: MY HOPE IS BUILT ON NOTHING LESS
•My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
On Christ the solid rock I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
On Christ the solid rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
•When darkness seems to veil His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil.
•His oath His covenant and blood
Support me in the ‘whelming flood:
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.
•When the last trumpet’s voice shall sound,
O may I then in him be found.
Clothed in his righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before his throne.
EMMANUEL=GOD WITH US!