OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
DATE: SATURDAY 15TH JUNE 2019
THEME: JESUS STILL HEALS.
“And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into The Temple, Walking, and Leaping, and Praising God.” Acts 3:8
BIBLE READING: John 9:1-7
1.And as Jesus passed by, He saw a man which was blind from his birth.
2. And His Disciples asked Him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
3. Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that The Works of God should be made manifest in him.
4. I must work The Works of Him that sent Me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
5 As long as I Am in the world, I Am THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD.
6. When He had thus spoken, He Spat on the ground, and made CLAY OF THE SPITTLE, and HE ANOINTED the eyes of the blind man with the clay,
7. And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.
A. Healing is The Restoration of The Body, The Mind or The Spirit to a state of WHOLENESS and WELLBEING.
1. This Restoration may be Physical, as in the Forgiveness of sins and Justification before God.
2. Ultimately, Healing is embodied by Jesus Christ, Who is The Great Healer.
3. He Healed different sickness during His Earthly Ministry, and secured the Ultimate Healing for all through His death on The Cross and subsequent Resurrection.
4. Although most Healing experience in The Bible were instantaneous, God sometimes heals slowly or gradually over a period of time.
5. In such cases, there is visible steady progress towards full health.
6. Even if a person’s healing is gradual, it is till God who does the healing, and He should be given The Glory.
B. Nevertheless, God still carries out instantaneous healing today.
1. Most Christians today should have heard or witnessed at least one story of how God healed a person at once.
2. Although some don’t believe this is possible, I am happy to announce to you that by The Grace of God,
3. Instantaneous Healings occur daily in The Redeemed Christian Church of God.
4. We have witnessed numerous testimonies of how God instantly healed people of different sicknesses and disease,
5. Ranging from Simple Bacterial Infections to Reproductive Ailments, Mental and Psychological Problems, Life Threatening Sicknesses and Terminal Diseases.
6. We have even witnessed several cases of The Dead Being Raised Back To Life and several other seemingly impossible miracles in many of our parishes around the world.
7. Praise God! We are experiencing These Great Healings because we believe in The Power of The Almighty God to perform Miracles, Signs and Wonders today.
8. We are driven by faith in His Word in Hebrews 13:8, which says:
“Jesus Christ the same Yesterday, and Today, and Forever.”
C. We believe that what Jesus Christ did when He was physically here on earth, He is still able to do today.
1. Indeed, God has the capacity to heal everyone who comes to Him for healing, and He is also able to heal them completely.
2. Testifying to this, Matthew 8:16 says: “When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with His Word, and Healed all that were sick:”
3. Divine Healing is The Inheritance of every Child of God and it is freely accessed by Faith.
4. The Bible said it all in Isaiah 53:5- Jesus was wounded for the sins that bring sickness,
5. He was bruised for the iniquities that cause diseases, and
6. He wore the chastisement of our peace like a garment so that by
7. His stripes everyone who believes automatically receives their healing. Hallelujah!
Father, Please heal me completely and make me An Agent of Your Healing Power, in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Numbers 12-13
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN: MY HOPE IS BUILT ON NOTHING LESS
•My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
On Christ the solid rock I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
On Christ the solid rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
•When darkness seems to veil His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil. Refrain:
•His oath His covenant and blood
Support me in the ‘whelming flood:
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay. Refrain:
•When the last trumpet’s voice shall sound,
O may I then in him be found.
Clothed in his righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before his throne. Refrain:
EMMANUEL=GOD WITH US!